Would you like to see your car in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine? Is your muscle Mustang or fast Ford a well-balanced, performance machine? This may be just the opportunity for you. We are looking for participants for an upcoming shootout, and you could be one of them.
Many of our readers build or modify their Mustang or other Ford to perform well in not just one, but a number of areas. Most are street cars with dragstrip and/or road course capabilities. Our goal is to find the best all-around car or truck in what we are calling the Triple-Threat Throwdown.
Participants will be scored in three main categories: dragstrip, road course, and drivability and appearance. The dragstrip competition will be the average of three quarter-mile runs, road course will be the average of three laps on the 1.1-mile long-course, and drivability and appearance will be judged by the MM&FF staff.
The event will be held in early May in Gainesville, Florida at Gainesville Raceway. More information about the event will be given out once the submissions have been tallied and competitors have been chosen.
Here are the rules:
- Any late-model Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle ('79 or newer) that is street-legal, licensed, registered, and insured. No dealer plates.
- Vehicle must have all working lights (headlights, turn signals, and brake lights), horn, and wipers.
- Hood is required.
- Any Ford-based engine, any mods, any number of power adders--bring it all!
- Finished interior. Racing buckets okay as long as there are two front seats. Rear seat delete okay if properly carpeted or upholstered
- Any tires are okay, but four DOT-approved tires must be used in either the road course or dragstrip event.
- Any transmission.
- Must have all NHRA required safety equipment, racing license per applicable elapsed time/mph.
- Mufflers required. No bullet-style mufflers allowed.
Shootout submissions should include exterior, interior and engine photos, along with detailed information about your car, including dragstrip times, horsepower output, mods list, etc ... Be sure to include all of your contact information. Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for entries is April 15, 2010.