We are proud to announce the all-new Nitto Tire/NMRA 2005 MustangShootout, presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine! Thisshootout will feature the fastest street tire and drag radial-equipped'05 Mustangs in the world! This shootout will take place at NationalTrail Raceway in Columbus, Ohio, and will be covered by Muscle Mustang &Fast Fords in an upcoming issue. The full classes and rules are listedbelow, with the winner's walking away with all of the '05 Mustangbragging rights and exclusive custom-designed Nitto Tire/Muscle Mustangs& Fast Ford leather jackets and 6-foot trophy.
27th Annual Quarter Master NMRA Ford Expo 2005
National Trail Raceway, Columbus, Ohio
September 2-4, 2005
1) Quickest 2005 Naturally Aspirated - Stock Tires
2) Quickest 2005 Power Adder - Stock Tires
3) Quickest '05 Naturally Aspirated - Drag Radials
4) Quickest '05 Power Adder - Drag Radials
* Trophies will be awarded to Top 3 Quickest Cars in each of the above categories.
* Each 2005 Shootout class champion will win a custom-designed NittoTire/MM&FF/NMRA Leather Jacket and 6-foot trophy.
Vehicles running in 2005 Mustang Shootout will make one pass on Friday,and two passes on Saturday during the normal NMRA qualifying sessions,however the 2005 Mustang shootout cars will be run together. The best ofthe 3 passes will be counted as the "top" pass and will be used to awardthe winner. Entries may use passes as qualifiers for other any NMRAeliminators, including Open Comp, Modular, Factory Stock, Renegade,etc., however the competitor must clearly designate that on the 2005Shootout tech card.
This class will be open to all 2005 Mustangs with a two or three dayrace entry for an NMRA eliminator (for example, Modular) at noadditional charge. The participant will be required to indicate onhis/her tech card the NMRA class they will be competing in on Sundayalong with the Shootout Category they will compete in on Saturday.Shootout competitors may arrive on Friday or Saturday. Membership willonly be required for those competing on Sunday in an NMRA eliminator. Ifentrant is only interested in competing in 2005 Mustang shootout, theentry fee is $85 for 2-day entry or $105 for 3-day entry.
Rules - 2005 Mustang Shootout
Street Tires - Must use original equipment type and size of tires as delivered from the dealer
Drag Radials - Nitto or BFG & Street-type Drag Radials only. 17-inchminimum rear wheels required.
1. Only 2005 Mustangs allowed.
2. Must use 3-valve Ford Engine
3. Must use stock-equipped transmission (either auto or 5-speed). No C4, etc.
4. Must have full interior & 2 seats, etc.