The NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals announced the return of the Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown by Diversified Products Marketing, which will go down at Summit Motorsports Park from August 23-25, 2013 for the third year in a row.
Those who own a 2008-2014 Cobra Jet are invited to participate in the Showdown. There will be three no breakout Eliminators; two heads-up classes and a competition Index class (CIC).
The classes will be as follows:
- CJ-TS (Top Stock): Stocker trim Cobra Jets utilizing the 2.3-liter or 2.9-liter supercharger or 427/428cid naturally aspirated engines.
- SS-CJ (Super Stock): 4.0-liter supercharged Cobra Jet’s in SS trim.
- CJ-TS and SS-CJ will run modified NHRA Stock and Super Stock rules, respectively.
- CJ-CIC: A separate class, where Cobra Jet racers not competing in either of the heads-up classes can race against each other at the Showdown for a cash purse.
- King of the Cobra Jets: Heads-up class winners will race each other with a handicapped start based on their quickest time, with no breakout, to crown the 2013 King of the Cobra Jets.
All of the prize money will be provided courtesy of Ford Racing and Diversified Products Marketing.
"Since 2011 the Cobra Jet Showdown has been a huge success and we are happy to have the opportunity with the NMCA to bring even more Cobra Jet owners together for 2013. The Cobra Jet Showdown gives all owners the opportunity to experience their Cobra Jets and interact with the community of fellow owners and Ford Racing staff," said Jesse Kershaw, Drag Racing Competition Manager, Ford Racing Performance Group. "It's a unique opportunity that all Cobra Jet owners should participate in an excellent show for all fans of production based racing.”
All three of the Cobra Jet Showdown classes will qualify Friday and then go on to run the Sportsman ladder with a .500 full tree for Saturday’s eliminations. Each of the classes will provide a $2,300 cash purse while the overall winner (King of the Cobra Jets) will get an additional $1,000 on top of that. The race will end on Saturday, August 24th, so competitors can travel to Indy on Sunday to get in line for the NHRA U.S. Nationals.
To reserve parking or for rules questions please contact Gene Bergstrom with the NMCA at 714/460-3813 or by e-mail at email@example.com.