Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled person to fill the position of Associate Editor in our Tampa, Florida office. The job of Associate Editor for Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine demands excellent writing and communication skills, an intimate knowledge of late-model (1979-present Ford vehicles), and the ability to interact with advertisers, clients and enthusiasts, from all walks of life.
- Must possess excellent writing/communication skills--with the ability to craft a high volume of in-depth technical and feature editorial content that is compelling and easy to understand by a wide reader demographic.
- Should have an in-depth technical knowledge of late-model Ford performance vehicle systems, including engine/drivetrain, chassis/suspension, electronics, and common performance modifications.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the performance aftermarket as it relates to the Mustang hobby, including common modifications, racing, and the ability to spot/follow trends as they develop.
- Must be organized, punctual, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to take high-quality "still" and action photography (and video) for use in tech articles, car features, and event coverage. Knowledge of studio photography and videography is a plus.
- Must be able to interact with advertisers, racers, enthusiasts, race promoters, etc. in a professional manner.
- Must have a vast knowledge of the Internet, as it relates to current social media and the Mustang hobby.
- Be willing to travel during the week and on weekends.
- Should have the ability to build, maintain, and service Ford performance vehicles.
Specific duties include:
- Assist Publisher and Editor with planning the content and editorial direction of the magazine and web channels according to its technical/feature/event focus, in accordance with editorial policy, etc.
- Writing a high volume of content for use in the magazine and MM&FF website and FB/Twitter pages.
- Photographing and gathering video for car features, events, and technical articles, etc.
- Traveling to specific events, including press launches, track tests, race and show events, car shoots, tech installs, etc.
- Assist Publisher and Editor with developing editorial calendar for the magazine.
- Assist Publisher and Sr. Tech Editor to develop monthly story plan for magazine.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal on a monthly basis.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for all content channels and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization.
- Read editorial copy proofs to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Manage selected MM&FF project cars and programs.
- Interface with Account Executives/National Account Managers to build a solid rapport with MM&FF advertisers for the purpose of building new editorial content ideas
- Travel to events and/or shops for the purposes of creating/covering editorial.
- Build a catalogued digital library of generic tech/feature pictures for use in MM&FF stories.
- Manage the production cycle in conjunction with Managing Editor and Production Department.
If interested, please visit www.sourceinterlink.com and select "Careers," then "Current Opportunities." Search for the Associate Editor posting and submit your application.
In addition, please forward resume to email@example.com.
Visit us at www.musclemustangfastfords.com